Hydrotherapy benefits for Stroke/cva Patients.
Aquatic exercise provide benefits in the following areas:
- increased cardiopulmonary capacity.
- Systematic effects such as metabolic augmentation.
- Improved Balance and weight shifting
- Increased independence.
- Muscular strength training.
- Better body structure and function.
- Better quality of life
- improved gait.
Methods which can be used
Effects of aquatic physiotherapy on the improvement of balance and corporal symmetry in stroke survivors, by Jessica Cristine Montagna, Barbara C Santos, Camila R Battistuzzo, Ana Paula C Loureiro (2014).
Effectiveness of hydrotherapy on balance and paretic knee strenght in patients with stroke, Choong Sij Chae, Ji Hyun Jun, etc. (2020).
Hydrotherapy vs conventional land-based exercise for improving walking and balance stroke: A randomized controlled trial, by Zhizhong Zhu, Liling Cui, etc. (2015).