Hydrotherapy benefits for fibromyalgia patients.
Fibromyalgia is a widespread musculoskeletal pain syndrome by widespread pain.
Physical exercise provides benefits to patients with fibromyalgia. These benefits are:
- Reduction in pain and fatigue.
- Improves sleep and mood quality.
Exercising can contributed to:
- Improved tissue oxygenation.
- Increased muscle endurance.
- High level of phosphate levels.
Water based exercise provide the following benefits:
- Reduced impact on the joints.
- Improved microcirculation.
- Decrease in number of contractures and improved muscle tone.
- Provides the possibility to exercise proprioception, balance, strength and aerobic capacity.
Methods which can be used
Oxygen uptake and body compisition after aquatic physical training in women with fibromyalgia a randomized controlled trial, by Carolina p Andrade, etc. (2017).
Effectiveness of Aquatic therapy vs land based therapy for balance and pain in women with Fibromyalgia: a study protocol for a randomised controlled trial, by Sabela Rivas Neira, etc. (2017).
A randomized controlled trial of deep water running: Clinical effectiveness of Aquatic exercise to treat fibromyalgia, by Marcos Renato Assis, etc. (2006).