Having a movable swimming pool floor offers a lot of advantages. Adding an underwater treadmill to the system brings even more!
Advantages of a movable swimming pool floor:
- Allows the pool to be used by several target groups simultaneously
- Because the pool is more versatile, you can do with a smaller pool
- Putting the floor at deck level during off-hours saves evaporation and therefore energy costs, and also reduces the risk of falling in
- The depth can be tailored to the therapy needs of the activity in the pool
Advantages of a underwater treadmill in the pool floor:
- Allows for excellent monitoring of gait during walking exercises
- Allows for walking exercises at variable depth and speed
- Supports the build up of proper gait and balance in a safe and low impact exercise environment.
- Supports the maintenance of muscle tissue during periods of injury to lower extremity joints
- Supports recovery of lower extremity joint injuries due to strong and variable reduction in joint loading.
Where to find more information:
- Movable swimming pool floor
- Underwater treadmill
- Naser (2013) Variable Floor for Swimming Pool Using an Expert System
- Jung (2018) The influence of water depth on kinematic and spatiotemporal gait parameters during aquatic treadmill walking
- Jara (2019) Aquatic treadmill walking at three depths of water in people with traumatic brain injury